New Recycling Rules (Sorry!!!)
August 6, 2014
Yes, it wasn’t very long ago that our re-cycling company issued new rules on what can and cannot be recycled. And now that you have them down, we have a new recycling company! This com-pany, Republic Services, was chosen for cost savings. Conveniently, though, they also make it much easier to re-cycle, because they accept much more material:
- Computer paper
- Junk Mail
- Legal Pads
- Aluminum, Steel, and Bi-Metal Cans.
- All glass bottles (No color re-strictions!)
- ALL # plastics except #6. (Frozen food trays are now OK!)
What you must throw out and NOT recycle:
- Food or beverage waste (Recycle the pizza box, not the pizza)
- Candy wrappers
- Carbon paper
- Non-paper packing material – no Styrofoam peanuts, sorry.
- Stickers & Labels
- Tissues and napkins
- Vacuum cleaner bags, even if un-used
- Coffee “K” cups. (This is a special, non-recyclable heat-resistant plas-tic.)
- Plastic packaging wrap. Clam-case covers must be tossed in trash.