Spots are currently available in the bicycle storage, next to the back dock. There will be a reduced rate for the winter, of $25, which will be good for stowing your bike until the next registration period in April 2016.
If you are interested in getting a space, please call Yvonne in the office at 773-769-3250, or send her an e-mail at email@example.com. She will get you registered – renters just make a check payable to Park Tower Condo – owners, we can take a check or apply the fee to your account.
For your convenience, here are the Bike Room Rules:
BICYCLE STORAGE ROOM
Residents interested in storing bicycles in the bike room shall acquire proper registration with the management office. An annual registration fee, not subject to proration, is charged per bicycle. The bicycle storage room is located on the first floor adjacent to the loading dock with limited space. The board reserves the right to designate specific spaces to the elderly and persons with limited physical ability.
Placing a bicycle in an unauthorized stall, leaving a bicycle in the aisle or chaining a bicycle to the fence or any other unauthorized location on any part of the condominium property will subject its owner to a fine for each occurrence.
The following rules apply:
1. All bicycles shall be properly registered with the management office and have an official decal fixed to them. Any bicycle not properly registered will be immediately removed.
2. Bicycles shall be stored in an orderly manner by locking the rear or the front wheel to the storage rack.
3. Bicycles are not to be ridden in the building. Residents shall walk their bicycles in and out of the building.
4. Bicycles shall be moved via the service elevator only through the garage and service entrances.
5. Neither management nor the association shall accept or incur any responsibility for damage to or theft of a bicycle stored in the bicycle storage room and/or the outside bicycle rack.
6. Any bicycle found to be in an unauthorized location, stall or in the aisle will be immediately removed.
7. Placing a bicycle in an unauthorized stall, leaving a bicycle in the aisle or chaining a bicycle to the fence or any other unauthorized location on any part of the condominium property will subject its owner to a fine for each occurrence.
8. Any unauthorized storage of bicycles should be reported to the management office or the front desk immediately. Under no circumstances should the individual handle the problem.
9. Items other than bicycles are not permitted to be stored in the bicycle storage room.
The management office maintains a wait list for bicycle stalls. They will be made available to resident owners and tenants on the following basis: First, one stall to a resident owner; second, one stall to a tenant; third, a second stall to a resident owner; and last, a second stall to a tenant.
10. Once a reserved bicycle stall is assigned, it cannot be changed or reassigned by individuals. However, reserved bicycle stalls may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of the management office or the board.
11. New bicycles shall be reported to the management office and require owners to affix the new decals to new bicycles.
12. Resident owners and tenants are not permitted to assign their reserved bicycle stall to another person or to allow another person to use their assigned stall.
13. If for any reason a resident owner or tenant cancels a reserved bicycle stall and then later reapplies, his name will be put at the bottom of the waiting list.
14. Mechanical work shall not be done on any bicycle inside the bicycle storage room or in any common elements inside of the building.
15. Any damage to the bicycles or equipment inside the storage room caused shall be reported to the management office. This includes any damage to other bicycles, storage racks or to the bicycle storage room itself. Failure to do so may result in a fine and termination, suspension, or revocation of bicycle storage privileges.
16. Failure to comply with the bicycle rules will result in the revocation, suspension or termination of resident privileges. Such resident owners or tenants must wait until the following year or the period of suspension or revocation, whichever is longer, before reapplying for a reserved bicycle stall. At such time their names will be put at the bottom of the waiting list.
17. Any bicycle found without a current decal will be pulled and held in storage. A notice will be posted for 30 days at the bikes location. Failure to respond within 30 days will be considered abandonment and the bicycle will be donated to charity.