FIRST and most importantly, keep in mind – Particularly considering the Pandemic, BAD BEHAVIOR of any kind could result in the Association being forced to close the deck. If residents can not keep themselves and their guests under control, for everyone’s protection, the facility may be closed. SO, use the space cautiously, responsibly and observe all the Rules and Regulations. Since we can’t possibly post every single Rule and Regulation, if you need a refresher pop on over to www.ptcondo.com/library, and under “Governing Documents” scan through the Rules and Regulations.
One big one we will point out – ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS IS ALLOWED, bottles, glasses, containers, pans, etc… Why? Well, the multiple instances our staff has had to respond to broken glass on the deck this summer, is exactly why. And, we don’t have the resources to post security or other personnel there all day to babysit. So, our biggest fear is the presence of broken glass we don’t know about. And then, someone’s grandma stepping on it. 🙁 So, NO GLASS PLEASE, and thank you, and if you see broken staff report it to the staff immediately.
SECOND, PLEASE TATTLE TALE! If and when you see bad behavior, please take the time to report it immediately to our staff, so our staff can respond as quickly as possible. This is for everyone’s safety and protection. The best way is to go to the front desk and let the door staff know what is going on. They will dispatch security and/or maintenance.
FINALLY, there’s been a lot of grill use this year. That’s great. That is what they are for. Please keep in mind due to the City’s present restrictions in response to the COVID pandemic, groups of more than 6 people are prohibited.
We understand at times we’ve had a line of residents in the lobby hoping to use a grill. Obviously this is a limited resource, so first come first served unfortunately. ALSO, do not forget the points below under “ORIGINAL POST”, discussing face coverings and social distancing. Following are the other policies related to grill use:
There will be 2 grills available for Park Tower residents to use on the far east side of the 2nd floor roof deck, next to the wall and railing by the circle shaped planter. The grills may be reserved in advance or if available requested same day. The Grill Area hours are 11am – 9pm from May 1st to Labor Day (or may be extended weather permitting). The grills may be used for up to 3 hours maximum.
NO GLASS ALLOWED – NO EXCEPTIONS
FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED WHILE NOT SEATED AT A TABLE
NO GROUPS OF MORE THAN 6
Reserving a Grill
• Reservations may be made through the Management Office during normal business hours or with the Front Desk after hours on a first come first serve basis. Reservation forms will be provided to you and must be signed prior to using the grill.
• The reservation can be made in one our intervals, up to 3 hours.
• You have a 15 minute “grace period” from your scheduled time to check in with the front desk for the grill to be set out. After 15 minutes that grill will be considered as a same-day grill until the next scheduled time.
Transporting Food to/from Grill Area
• All food must be transported to/from the Grill Area in covered containers.
• The Service Elevator must be used when transporting food.
• Food not being consumed on the deck must be transported back to your unit in covered containers on the service elevator.
• No food is allowed in the pool areas.
• Failure to clean up any spills or litter will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
Using the Grill
• Do not leave grill lit and unattended. Never leave the grill while warming it up.
• Follow the grill operating instructions available with the grill.
• No one under the age of 18 may sign out for or use the grill.
• Any beverages must be in plastic containers and may only be consumed in the deck area.
• Consuming alcoholic beverages while grilling is prohibited.
• Glass containers are strictly prohibited.
• Turn off the grill.
• You are responsible for cleaning the grill immediately after use. Clean up fee of $50 may be charged to the unit owner if grill was not cleaned after use.
• Dispose of any garbage around the grill and/or seating area in the trash receptacles found in the near the area of the grill before you leave.
• Make sure all grilling utensils and attachments are in place and that the grill is in good working order. Any damages will be deducted from the deposit and/or charged to the unit owner .
• Inform the Front Desk when you are done. Please call 773-769-3083.
• No alcoholic beverages can be consumed while using the grill.
• Never leave grill on and unattended at anytime.
• Contact the staff with any problems or questions .
• Review the fire extinguisher instructions prior to beginning.
Use of Furniture And Grills Is Strictly At Your Own Risk
Face coverings are mandatory in all Park Tower common spaces including outside on the roof deck. Always observe smart social distancing, and most importantly IF YOU ARE SICK, please Stay Home – contact your medical professional and follow their guidance!
Remember the “3 W’s”
WASH your hands regularly, and keep wipes and sanitizer when you are able. Avoid touching your face and mouth and be mindful of your hygiene.
WEAR a face covering, over your nose and mouth.
WATCH your distance – 6′ (6 feet) between you and others.
If you need anything, do not hesitate to contact the office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-769-3250. We will do our reasonable best to suggest or coordinate help for you, or provide guidance for you.