And how about a couple answers to frequently asked questions:
1. Do we really have to comply with the mandate? Yes – we must comply with this mandate, or the City could fine Park Tower and force us to shut down the Health Club indefinitely.
2. Why do we require a government issued ID? Because we don’t track resident and members ages, so the only way we can verify the CDC Vaccine Card is yours, is the date of birth.
3. If I object to providing this information because I believe it should be private, will I get a refund of my membership fees? No.
4. What about the booster shots? The guidance does not presently require that, but it may down the road and then this process will begin again. Don’t procrastinate – schedule your booster shot! https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid19-vaccine/home/vaccine-finder.html
5. Why can’t you release my fob in real time, right away when you receive the card? Because, for efficiency’s sake we’ve set aside a particular time each day to update the membership roster and fobs, and the list the we give to the front desk. We can not print out a dozen of lists a day as we receive cards. And frankly, at any one time our desks in the office have ample other business that was in line first. All members had until January 3rd, and had that deadline been met it would not be an issue. So, members may have to wait. But we are updating them within one business day in all cases.
6. Why do you need copies of our documents? Because the health club is not attended full time. We do not have the man power to have an employee stand at the entrance and check cards from open to close every time a member walks in. If we did, your membership fees would be MUCH higher. But look at it this way – it’s a lot less hassle!
VACCINE MANDATE – As Ordered By The City Of Chicago
Effective January 3rd, 2022
Consistent with the recently issued mandate by the Chicago Department of Public Health, ALL PTCA Health Club Members will need to provide proof they are fully vaccinated (at least two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or at least one dose of Johnson & Johnson), by Monday January 3rd. This may be done in the office during regular business hours with your vaccine card and either a government issued ID or your Park Tower Health Club Membership Card, Monday and Friday 8am to 5pm, Tuesday thru Thursday 8am to 6pm. Keep in mind, if CDC regulations change, and fully vaccinated is defined as also having a booster shot, we will need to see proof of that in the future as well. The alternative would be to forward or e-mail us a clear photo of your vaccination card and appropriate picture ID. Either way, it will be noted on your membership record and your fob will remain active.
On January 3rd, anyone who has not provided proof of their vaccine status will have their fob turned off and will not be allowed in the Health Club.
If you have a medical, religious or other reasonable cause for exemption, substantial and appropriate documented proof you meet the criteria for such an exemption will have to be presented to the Park Tower Office. For most typical exemptions, once we receive documentation we will endeavor to respond within about 3 to 5 business days on whether it is sufficient. Also sufficient, would be documented negative results from a COVID-19 test administered by a medical professional within the last 72 hours prior to entering the club. These too must be provided to the office during business hours.
Any Member who neglects to provide proof of vaccine or a reasonable exemption, will not receive a refund or extension.
AS A REMINDER FACE COVERINGS OVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH CONTINUE TO BE MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES, unless you are actively swimming, showering or using the jacuzzi. When you do leave the pool, shower or jacuzzi, you must return to wearing your face covering.
Feel free to share any questions or concerns by calling 773-769-3250 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.