Please Pick Up Your Packages
May 19, 2020
Our staff and the volunteers giving a hand in the package room have reported a large number of packages, lingering for a long time.
Both have assisted in recent efforts to contact residents in person but sometimes packages have remained in excess of the period allowed by the present policies and procedures. Because there is no staff stationed in the room, and because services like AMAZON can sometimes delivery in excess of 100 packages a day, they can add up quick and without an opportunity for us to address at all.
PLEASE, be courteous! Don’t let your deliveries or packages linger in the room for an excessive period of time. ESPECIALLY, if you are expecting multiple packages.
Please be good neighbors and retrieve your deliveries as quickly as you are able. However, please remember to do so sensibly, observing both the posted Social Distancing and Face Covering requirements. And while we want you to pick up packages expeditiously, residents can avoid high traffic times of day thanks to the room being open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Timely pick up is just one of a handful of policies and good common sense courtesy to help maintain a positive experience for all Park Tower residents. Here are the other the policies presently in place by resolution of the Board:
- Package Room hours are 24 hours/7 days a week.
- To enter the Package Room, you will need to be a registered owner/resident of Park Tower, with an active key fob.
- CODs (cash on delivery) may not be delivered to or accepted at the Package Room.
- Owners and residents shall retrieve packages ASAP after notification, to avoid Package Room clutter. Anything left in excess of 30 days may be considered abandoned and/or garbage and disposed of.
- Very large/oversized and/or heavy package deliveries should be coordinated with the Management Office.
- Flatbed carts are present to assist with delivery to units are available and shall be checked out on the posted clipboard and returned immediately following use.
- A cooler is available for perishable deliveries. Bins are present for envelopes and smaller packages. Shelves will be used for storage of most medium-sized packages and boxes. Large packages will be arranged in the front of the room.
- Oversized-packages or belongings, including furniture and appliances, may not be delivered or stored in the Package Room. Packages must not exceed 150 lbs and/or 165 inches in combined length and girth, or more than 108 inches in length.
- Park Tower staff may not assist with delivery of packages to units and should not be handling personal belongings or property. However, please alert the Front Desk or Management Office if there is a problem or if you need assistance of any kind.
- The Park Tower Condo Association, its Board of Directors, staff and management will not be responsible for the condition of any items delivered or stored in the Package Room, including items alleged to be missing or stolen.