Park Tower made space available to Block Bins on our back dock for several years now for organic waste removal. Owners and residents interested have voluntarily signed up and paid to participate in their program up to now. Following this years budgeting process, the Board of Directors approved integrating the program into Park Towers regular waste removal efforts. You can now participate for free!
HERE IS WHAT TO DO:
1. First, you may want to learn more about Block Bins. Visit their website, Click Here.
2. Subscribe through the office. If you want to participate send us an e-mail to email@example.com, and confirm your name, unit number and the number of adults and children in your household, AND confirm an e-mail address that can be used for the service. This information is used to help calculate the volume of what to expect. We will also maintain a list of active subscribers in our database so we can communicate any notices or information that need to go out solely to subscribers. And Blockbins will e-mail reminders for pick up dates and any other alerts such as delayed pickups
3. Plan what you’ll store your food scraps in between your visits to the bin on the dock. You will need to put your food scraps in a paper bag or a BPI certified compostable plastic bag like these to keep the bin cleaner. That’s good place to start.
3. Learn what you can and cannot compost:
4. When service is underway, and your food scraps are in paper bags or BPI certified compostable bags, you will use a 4 digit code (that either Management or BlockBins will provide) to unlock one of the green bins on the back dock and deposit your waste:
The bins are picked up weekly. Depending on how many subscribers there are and how quickly the bins fill up, service will be adjusted as needed.
5. Block Bins has an excellent FAQ with much more on their website. Click Here