2023 AIR FILTER MAINTENANCE AND
LIFE SAFETY INSPECTION SCHEDULE
Our team will conduct this year’s HVAC Filter Maintenance and Life Safety Inspections Monday, May 1st through Friday May 26th beginning 9am each weekday. This is budgeted for all units once a year. Our maintenance team will replace all HVAC filters to help improve comfort, air quality and energy efficiency. At the same time this is done, for building safety and our compliance with the City of Chicago Life Safety Ordinance, our team inspects entry door closers, vents, and smoke detectors. Finally, at the request of the Board our team checks faucets and plumbing for any dripping or leaking, and inspects the HVAC convector drain pans. The process will begin on the 3rd Floor and work upward about 3 floors per day to the 55th Floor. Here are the key details:
- Social distancing is still wise and appreciated. While our team is present, we respectfully request anyone within the unit remain a minimum of 6 feet from our team members.
- The calendar of our anticipated progress is in on the back of this notice. We are planning 3 floors per day until we get to 55, and then 3 days for any rescheduling. If you need to reschedule, this is done on a first come first serve basis. We have specific make-up days, May 24-26, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Contact the office if needed.
- The Life Safety Inspections are mandatory, and frankly that is because they are necessary as we’ve sadly seen in the news recently. They are critically important not only for your safety, but for the safety of your neighbors, the building, our staff and first responders. This includes all “No Admit” units. We would like to make the process as convenient as possible. If you want to be home and the date listed does not work for you, you can schedule an appointment with us on a make-up day. It is first come first served.
- The Life Safety Inspections include checking the unit’s smoke detectors, exhaust fans, entry door closers, and leaking faucets and drains. If your unit requires maintenance of such items, our team will contact you. (The leak inspections are considered safety related, due to the possibility of damages.)
- In advance of the date scheduled for you, please arrange to have all items moved away from the air conditioning/heating unit. For everyone’s protection, employees cannot move furniture or handle any personal belongings. If Maintenance is unable to access the filter area, we will need to reschedule with you and this will result in a labor charge to the Unit Owner.
- For safety, security, and to prevent liability, Maintenance will lock all locks when they are finished. To avoid being locked out, if you do not plan to be home on the day of our visit please make sure you have the keys to all of the locks to your door before leaving your apartment.
- Work orders may be needed for repairs to the convectors, vents, fire safety devices or plumbing fixtures, and our staff will follow up ASAP with the Unit Owner and Residents to explain the situation and schedule any necessary work.
Feel free to contact us with any questions, or to consider a make-up date, at 773-769-3250, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
2022 Air Filter Maintenance and
Life Safety Inspection Schedule
Monday, May 1 Floors 3, 4, 5
Tuesday, May 2 Floors 6, 7, 8
Wednesday, May 3 Floors 9, 10, 11
Thursday, May 4 Floors 12, 14, 15
Friday, May 5 Floor 16, 17, 18
Monday, May 8 Floor 19, 20, 21
Tuesday, May 9 Floors 22, 23, 24
Wednesday, May 10 Floors 25, 26, 27
Thursday, May 11 Floors 28, 29, 30
Friday, May 12 Floor 31, 32, 33
Monday, May 15 Floor 34, 35, 36
Tuesday, May 16 Floors 37, 38, 39
Wednesday, May 17 Floors 40, 41, 42
Thursday, May 18 Floors 43, 44, 45
Friday, May 19 Floor 46, 47, 48
Monday, May 22 Floor 49, 50, 51
Tuesday, May 23 Floors 52, 53, 54
Wednesday, May 24 Floor 55 & Make Up
Thursday, May 25 Make Up Floors
Friday, May 26 Make Up Floors
Make-up days will be scheduled first come first served May 24-26, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. However, owners can agree to pay for dates off calendar at the $110/hour labor rate. If the staff needs to reschedule due to any emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, an updated notice will be sent.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we conduct this important maintenance.