Grilling Season Is Here!
May 25, 2023
Here Is What You Need To Know About Our 2nd Floor Grill Stations
SAFETY FIRST! Using The Safety Feature
First you can activate the Safety Timer on the right side of the grill station:
- Rotate the clear timer dial past 20 minutes. Timer will begin ticking when the dial is turned while the countdown time is set.
- Turn RED knob clockwise (about ¼ turn) until it pops outward. Gas will now be able to flow to enable you to light the appliance.
- To turn off the timer, simply let it expire, or press RED knob inward until it stops. DO NOT FORCE the timer dial to the off position.
Using The Grill Basics
Open the hood before lighting; DO NOT attempt to ignite burners while the hood is closed.
- Use is first come first serve, but residents should check in with the Front Desk before and after you plan use. Maintenance will make themselves available to check things out and provide help if needed. They will insure the grill is properly working and the station is clean. If you need help and are waiting for maintenance, please have patience – we are happy to help just sometimes there may be other active situations.
- Make sure gas supply is turned on. In the cabinet under the grill, turn the propane valve to the left, counterclockwise all the way.
- Check the safety timer – look on the side of the island to the right of the grill. Ensure the red emergency stop button is OUT by turning clockwise. Turn timer to desired time.
- Open grill hood – you’re ready to go!
- TO IGNITE, push in knob and turn counter clockwise till you hear a click, briefly pause when you hear the click.
- While still pressed in, keep turning knob counterclockwise to desired setting.
- TO TURN OFF, Push knob in and turn clockwise to off position
(CAUTION: It is recommended wait five (5) minutes for gas to clear after any unsuccessful lighting attempt!)
Pre-heating is important to allow the grill and metal to properly heat up, providing more even and more consistent cooking results. Preheat your grill by igniting all main burners. Then close the hood and allow the grill to heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you’ve reached your desired pre-heat temperature, turn off the burners that you won’t be using to cook your food. Remember, surface temperature can be up to 200° higher.
When You’re Finished Grilling
- Allow time for grill to cool down. At least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Open hood and remove stainless steel grates, brush off any remaining residue.
- Remove stainless steel plates underneath the grate, clean and brush off any remaining residue.
- Put back plates and grates.
- Pull out and clean off drip tray underneath grill.
- Turn propane off by turning valve to the right, clockwise.
- Close access door.
- Return to the front desk – maintenance will inspect grill, assess cleanliness and such. Please make sure you leave the grill clean, because the staff will charge Owners if a mess is left. PLUS – the cleaner its left, the longer this amenity will last.
Other Things to Know
- Before you start grilling, if you believe any part of the grill is not cleaned, alert maintenance immediately.
- In the event of an emergency, push in red stop button on the side.
- The timer can always be turned back to allow more time.
- If the grill stations are in use, we will always have one of the regular mobile grill stations that can be moved to the far east side of the deck and used. Just check in with the front desk for that as well.
Of course, feel free to share any questions you have. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.