COVID 19 Response – Elevator Etiquette
November 20, 2020
As presently posted throughout Park Tower’s common areas, entryways and elevators, the Board of Directors set in place guidance and enforcement policies to help manage the impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic. The goal of these policies everyone’s improved health and safety.
With specific regard to elevators, Elevator Capacity is set at a strict maximum of 4 individuals per elevator. Whether you are coming or going, if there are already multiple individuals when an elevator arrives for you, please wait for the next one. And then the next one, if necessary. Plan extra time coming and going.
We understand that some residents, Owners and guests, may be uncomfortable with 4 people on the elevator all at once. We encourage everyone to be sensitive and respectful, if someone on the elevator objects to more people getting on. THERE MAY BE A GOOD REASON, such as a health concern or condition.
Other Common Courtesies and Suggestions for safer elevator use:
- Wear a face covering 100% of the time – that is mandatory and necessary in all the elevators regardless of how many people are present.
- If you are first on an elevator, move to the back and stand toward an unoccupied corner, to maximize distance. Others, fill out unoccupied corners starting with the back then the front.
- Everyone should be face forward.
- NO TALKING please, except to politely announce your desired floor and have the person nearest the buttons select for all, using a knuckle or key, or other object.
- Try not to sneeze or cough. If you must, turn toward wall and cough/sneeze into your elbow with your face covering on.
- Don’t touch the railings or other surfaces unnecessarily.
- When the door opens at a floor, those staying on should make room and everyone should be mindful of the distance between each other. With multiple people exiting at once, those in front, starting at the right should exit first. Then likewise in the back, exit starting from the right.
- Wash your hands upon returning home – use hand sanitizer as you are leaving the building.
Join the Park Tower Condo Association e-mail group for more. Just send a request to: email@example.com.