2021 Annual Air Filter Maintenance and Life Safety Inspections To Get Underway Monday June 14th at 9am
Our team will conduct this year’s HVAC Filter Maintenance and Life Safety Inspections beginning Monday, June 14th 9am. The efficiency of your air conditioning depends a great deal on maintaining the filters. This work is budgeted for all units once a year, but owners are welcome to consider putting in a work order to do it more often to improve comfort, air quality and energy efficiency. At the same time this is done and to improve your safety and our compliance with the City of Chicago Life Safety Ordinance, our employees also inspect entry door closers, vents, and smoke detectors. At the request of the Board our team also checks faucets and plumbing for any dripping or leaking.
Our team will begin Monday, June 14th 9am and work down at a pace of 4 floors per day. Here are details:
- Social distancing is still necessary. While our team is present, anyone in the Unit must maintain a minimum of 6 feet from our team members. We also respectfully request everyone wear a face covering. This is for your protection, and our staff. As the employer, the Association is obligated to provide a reasonably safe working environment for our team.
- Resources are very tight, due to the pandemic and the nature of this work. Please be ready for us as scheduled on the calendar. We are planning 4 floors per day starting at the 55th floor and working down, on Monday June 14th. If you need to reschedule, this is done on a first come first serve basis. We have specific make-up days, Thursday June 30th and July 1st. Contact the office if needed.
- The Life Safety Inspections are mandatory, and critically important not only for your safety, but for your neighbors, the building and first responders. This includes all “No Admit” units. We would like to make the process as convenient as possible. If you want to be home and the date listed does not work for you, you can schedule an appointment with us on a make-up day.
- The Life Safety Inspections include checking the unit’s smoke detectors, exhaust fans, entry door closers, and leaking faucets and drains. If your unit requires maintenance of such items, our team will contact you.
- In advance of the date scheduled for you, please arrange to have all items moved away from the air conditioning/heating unit. For everyone’s protection, employees cannot be move furniture or handle any personal belongings. If Maintenance is unable to access the filter area, we will need to reschedule with you and this will result in a labor charge to the Unit Owner.
- For safety, security, and to prevent liability, maintenance will lock all locks when they are finished. To avoid being locked out, if you do not plan to be home on the day of our visit please make sure you have the keys to all of the locks to your door before leaving your apartment.
2021 Air Filter Maintenance and
Life Safety Inspection Schedule
Monday, June 14 Floors 55, 54, 53, 52
Tuesday, June 15 Floors 51, 50, 49, 48
Wednesday, June 16 Floors 47, 46, 45, 44
Thursday, June 17 Floors 43, 42, 41, 40
Friday, June 18 Floors 39, 38, 37, 36
Monday, June 21 Floors 35, 34, 33, 32
Tuesday, June 22 Floors 31, 30, 29, 28
Wednesday, June 23 Floors 27, 26, 25, 24
Thursday, June 24 Floors 23, 22, 21, 20
Friday, June 25 Floors 19, 18, 17, 16
Monday, June 28 Floors 15, 14, 12, 11
Tuesday, June 29 Floors 10, 9, 8, 7
Wednesday, June 30 Floors 6, 5, 4, 3
Make-up days will be scheduled Thursday, July 1st and Friday, July 2nd. To the extent possible, we will make appointments on other dates to accommodate your schedule, so long as you contact us as far in advance as possible. If the staff needs to reschedule due to any emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, an updated notice will be sent.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we conduct this important maintenance.
Stay up to date! Join us online for all the latest at www.ptcondo.com.