Mark Your Calendars!
2022 Air Filter Maintenance and Life Safety Inspections Scheduled
Our team will conduct this year’s HVAC Filter Maintenance and Life Safety Inspections Monday, May 2nd through Friday June 17th beginning 9am each weekday. This is budgeted for all units once a year. Our maintenance team will replace all HVAC filters to help improve comfort, air quality and energy efficiency. At the same time this is done, for building safety and our compliance with the City of Chicago Life Safety Ordinance, our team inspects entry door closers, vents, and smoke detectors. Finally, at the request of the Board our team checks faucets and plumbing for any dripping or leaking.
The process will unfold more slowly this year, primarily due to our present limited manpower. The team will begin Monday, May 2nd at 9am and work down 1 to 2 floors per day. Here are the details:
- Social distancing is still necessary. While our team is present, we respectfully request anyone within the unit remain a minimum of 6 feet from our team members. Our team members are asked to wear a mask while within your unit.
- Resources are very tight, so please be ready for us as scheduled on the calendar (over). We are planning 1 floor on most Mondays and Fridays, and 2 floors Tuesday thru Thursday with few exceptions. If you need to reschedule, this is done on a first come first serve basis. We have specific make-up days, June 15-17, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Contact the office if needed.
- The Life Safety Inspections are mandatory, and frankly that is because they are necessary. They are critically important not only for your safety, but for the safety of your neighbors, the building, our staff and first responders. This includes all “No Admit” units. We would like to make the process as convenient as possible. If you want to be home and the date listed does not work for you, you can schedule an appointment with us on a make-up day.
- The Life Safety Inspections include checking the unit’s smoke detectors, exhaust fans, entry door closers, and leaking faucets and drains. If your unit requires maintenance of such items, our team will contact you. (The leak inspections are considered safety related, due to the possibility of damages.)
- In advance of the date scheduled for you, please arrange to have all items moved away from the air conditioning/heating unit. For everyone’s protection, employees cannot move furniture or handle any personal belongings. If Maintenance is unable to access the filter area, we will need to reschedule with you and this will result in a labor charge to the Unit Owner.
- For safety, security, and to prevent liability, Maintenance will lock all locks when they are finished. To avoid being locked out, if you do not plan to be home on the day of our visit please make sure you have the keys to all of the locks to your door before leaving your apartment.
- Work orders may be needed for repairs to the convectors, vents, fire safety devices or plumbing fixtures, and our staff will follow up ASAP with the Unit Owner and Residents to explain the situation and schedule any necessary work.
Feel free to contact us with any questions, or to consider a make-up date, at 773-769-3250, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
2022 Air Filter Maintenance and
Life Safety Inspection Schedule
Monday, May 2 Floor 55
Tuesday, May 3 Floors 54 & 53
Wednesday, May 4 Floors 52 & 51
Thursday, May 5 Floors 50 & 49
Friday, May 6 Floor 48
Monday, May 9 Floor 47
Tuesday, May 10 Floors 46 & 45
Wednesday, May 11 Floors 44 & 43
Thursday, May 12 Floors 42 & 41
Friday, May 13 Floor 40
Monday, May 16 Floor 39
Tuesday, May 17 Floors 38 & 37
Wednesday, May 18 Floors 36 & 35
Thursday, May 19 Floors 34 & 33
Friday, May 20 Floor 32
Monday, May 23 Floor 31
Tuesday, May 24 Floors 30 & 29
Wednesday, May 25 Floors 28 & 27
Thursday, May 26 Floors 26 & 25
Friday, May 27 Floor 24
Tuesday, May 31 Floors 23 & 22
Wednesday, June 1 Floors 21 & 20
Thursday, June 2 Floors 19 & 18
Friday, June 3 Floor 17
Monday, June 6 Floor 16
Tuesday, June 7 Floors 15 & 14
Wednesday, June 8 Floors 12 & 11
Thursday, June 9 Floors 10 & 9
Friday, June 10 Floors 8 & 7
Monday, June 13 Floor 6
Tuesday, June 14 Floors 5, 4 & 3
Make-up days will be scheduled June 15 -17, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Accommodating other dates is not possible at this time due to the limited manpower. However, owners can agree to pay for dates off calendar at the $100/hour labor rate. If the staff needs to reschedule due to any emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, an updated notice will be sent.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we conduct this important maintenance.