So here are things to keep in mind when using the space – some of this is common sense, some is based on complaints and some of this is Park Tower policy:
· PLEASE REMOVE YOUR LAUNDRY after the cycle has completed. Users should plan to remove their laundry within 5 minutes of the cycle ending. Keep an eye on the clock or set a timer if you need to, but make sure to remove it within a reasonable timeframe. Both washers and dryers. If you do not, other users are welcome to respectfully and politely remove your load to a nearby counter. And if you find your laundry has been removed, it is not license for you to angrily fling the other users laundry out of the machine haphazardly, particularly if the cycle is not finished.
Here I will add – the appropriate response if you have a complaint about anyone’s behavior or handling of your laundry, is to contact management and let us properly investigate and respond professionally. Let’s avoid starting feuds or laundry wars. It is absolutely considered polite and appropriate for other users who are waiting, to cautiously and considerately remove your laundry to the nearest counter-top.
· PLEASE DO NOT overload the machines—for your good and the machines. Users have been observed cramming laundry all the way up to the brim! Your clothes won’t get clean this way so your wasting your money, but this can also cause mechanical problems and even leaking or flooding. Instructions are posted warning users not to overload. This not only causes problems for your loads of laundry but mechanical problems and flooding can delay others. If you have a maid service or someone else come in and do your laundry, share this with them this as well. You are ultimately responsible for those who are doing your laundry.
· PLEASE DO NOT use excessive detergent….you might be surprised to know, that you can likely use a fraction of the recommended dose of detergent for most brands, and your clothes will get just as clean. Oftentimes less soap reduces wear and tear on most fabrics. Especially cotton. Also, excessive suds may result in an error message or the machine may stop mid-load. Clothes will be floating in the water, and sadly, you may have to purchase another load for your wash to finish. A little soap goes a long way; more soap does not necessarily mean MORE CLEAN.
· PLEASE DO NOT ADD WATER to the machines. Not sure where this idea came from, but again, these machines are calibrated for certain amounts of water and soap for certain cycles, and adding water can cause mechanical problems or failures and even leaking or flooding.
· PLEASE OBEY THE POSTED RULES, REGULATIONS and all machine instructions. In addition, below we have quoted the Laundry Room rules from the PTCA handbook.
The bottom line, please be respectful of your neighbors and our equipment. Be courteous and mindful that this is an amenity for the comfort and convenience of all residents.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and efforts to help maintain a positive living experience for all PTCA residents!
The laundry facilities are located on 1P and is accessed only by the service elevators. The laundry room is available to residents only and for personal use only. Facilities are open and accessible every day from 5:00 AM to 1:00 AM.
The washers/dryers do not accept cash. Park Tower management uses a vendor to service washers and dryers. Laundry cards may be purchased through the VTM machine located in the laundry room for a $5 fee. Money can be added to the card in denominations of $5, $10, or $20.
In case of a machine malfunction, residents shall place an “Out of Order” sign on the machine and notify the management office of the problem. The service company will reimburse the resident for any money lost as a result of malfunctioning equipment or a defective laundry card. Management office may be contacted to initiate the reimbursement process.
Residents should contact the management office or the building staff immediately in case the VTM machine is inoperable.
Smoking and eating are prohibited in the laundry facilities.
Ironing and hand-washing laundry is prohibited. Rinsing and treating stains of individual items can be done at the washbasin.
Tables and countertops are intended only for folding and organizing laundry.
Laundry appliance shall be kept clean including exterior appearances and interior washers and dryer lint traps. Patrons should remove laundry no later than five minutes after the completion of the cycle.
The association does not assume responsibility for any loss or damage associated with the use of the laundry machines and/or any laundry left unattended.
If you have any questions, complaints or observations to share, write us at email@example.com.