PTCA Rules and Regulations Committee Mission Statement
April 10, 2015
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Board of Park Tower Condominium Association (PTCA) has formed a Rules and Regulations Committee (R&R Committee) to provide information and recommendations to the Board regarding the enforcement matters related to the Board’s administration of the affairs of the Association.
The PTCA Rules and Regulations provide guidelines by which PTCA residents (homeowners and lessees) and guests are expected to conduct themselves in order to:
- Ensure compliance with relevant provisions of the governing documents;
- Protect the common interest and rights of all residents;
- Promote a harmonious community within PTCA;
- Ensure orderly operations and use of the common areas for the good of all homeowners, residents and guests;
- Enhance the common safety and living environment; and
- Protect and enhance the value of PTCA homes.
The primary responsibility of the Committee is to recommend general and specific actions relating to PTCA’s Rules and Regulations to the Board of Directors for its approval and implementation.
The Committee’s scope includes:
- Acting with full confidentiality
- Assuring that the Rules and Regulations are applied consistently
- Recommending changes or additions to existing Rules and Regulations based on input from homeowners, recommendations from other committees, input from staff, and new laws and regulations
- Proposing a system of fines or other disciplinary actions appropriate to the nature of each violation and/or citation.
- Establish general procedures to optimize homeowner and staff knowledge and familiarity with the Rules and Regulations enforcement procedures and with the violations and fines policies
The Board remains legally and financially responsible for any consequences of the R&R Committee’s activity.
II. MANNER OF ORGANIZATION
- The R&R Committee shall consist of five (5) voting members appointed by the Board of Directors upon recommendation of the Committee Chair. A quorum shall consist of three (3) voting members.
- If at any time a quorum is not present, the Committee may continue to meet for the purpose of the hearing, and as long as no formal votes are taken.
- Committee members shall be owners and there will be only one member of the Committee per household.
- A Committee member absent from two (2) consecutive, regularly scheduled meetings shall no longer qualify for the Committee, unless previously excused by the Chair.
- A Committee member must be an owner who has lived at Park Tower for at least two (2) years.
Rules and Regulations Committee members shall serve a term of two (2) years and the Board may re-appoint Committee members.
The Board shall appoint the R&R Committee Chair. In the event the Chair is not in attendance at a meeting of the Committee at which a quorum is present, a majority of the Committee members shall elect a presiding Chair who shall be a voting member of the Committee and shall function as the Chair for that meeting.
The Board may remove a member of the Rules and Regulations Committee with cause.
Vacancies created for any reason shall be filled by Board appointment.
III. MANNER OF OPERATION
The Committee shall conduct its business in the best interest of the PTCA and in accordance with its Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
A. Functions of the Chair
Functions of the Chair (or the presiding officer of the meeting) shall include the following:
- Coordinate and supervise Committee activities and meetings to assure responsibilities are met.
- Present written Committee reports to the Board via the Board Liaison or the Property Manager in time for Board meeting document distribution and review.
- Appoint a Committee member or the Board liaison as recorder at the meeting.
- The Committee shall meet as required to transact the business of the Committee.
- Any deviation from the agenda topics must be added to the agenda by vote.
C. Reporting and Channels of Communication
- The Committee Chair shall submit to the Board via Board Liaison or Property Manager a written report on Committee activities. This report shall include at least the following:
- a. Dates of meeting held
- b. Attendance
- c. Agenda
- d. Recommendations requiring Board action or approval
- Only the chairman or an assigned member can communicate with the Management and Board Liaison; members can ask Management for clarification or more information as long as the R&R Committee is informed (e.g. copied on email)