Board of Directors Meeting Minutes (Added Rules & Regs) – March 14, 2011
March 14, 2011
This “Preliminary Draft” may differ in some particulars from the official minutes (PDF icon at upper right-hand corner of this page).
George Pauley, President; Laura Cossa, 1st Vice President; Carlos Vargas, 2nd Vice President; Betty Terry-Lundy, Secretary; Tim Patricio, Property Manager; Mavis Mather, Assistant Manager Business Operations
David Nicosia, Treasurer
Call to Order at 7:40 pm
Four Board Members were present constituting a Quorum as defined by the Association’s Declarations and the Illinois Condominium Property Act.
Proposed Rules and Regulations
Upon due motion by Laura Cossa and seconded by Carlos Vargas, the Board voted to make a change to the proposed Rules and Regulations to make the deck non-smoking. Carlos Vargas voted in favor; George Pauley, Laura Cossa, and Betty Terry-Lundy voted against; the motion failed.
Upon due motion by George Pauley and seconded by Betty Terry-Lundy, the Board voted unanimously to approve changing page 18, item ‘6.B’ in the proposed Rules and Regulations to “Cumulative voting is permitted. A Unit Owner or Alternate may cast a vote for each vacancy. Each vote will be equivalent to the percentage of ownership in the common elements applicable to the Voting Member’s Unit Ownership as set forth in the Condominium Declaration. You may vote only in ‘whole’ numbers…no fractional votes permitted. Multiple votes may be given to candidates so long as the total number of votes does exceed the number of vacancies.”
Upon due motion by George Pauley and Seconded by Carlos Vargas, the Board voted unanimously to approve the following changes to the proposed Rules and Regulations:
- Page 11 – define restrictions for loading dock parking pass to include construction and deliveries. Define under loading dock and or remodeling (page 38 or 45)
- Page 11 – establish fee for pool rental. Define policy for pool rental under pool rules (page 36)
- Page 14 – change the end of the first sentence of ‘2. Election Committee’, beginning at “…and…” to “…to observe and witness the initial counting of the ballots and proxies and to report to the Board with the preliminary election results presented by the Auditor on the night of the election. Of the five volunteers,…”
- Page 17 in item ‘C’ from the top of the page, add to the end of the last sentence, “…except at Meet the Candidates events.”
- Page 18 in item ‘(2)’ from the top of the page, change “…with the Board…” to “…to the Election Committee…”
- Page 23 – under ‘MAINTENANCE STAFF’, the following is added the second paragraph, “Any request for services or work orders should be made by either a phone call or a visit (during business hours) to the Management Office, or via email, with the exception of maintenance emergencies such as leaking or clouding. The front desk should be contacted immediately should such events occur.”
- Page 28 – under ‘ELEVATORS’ include the dimensions of the service elevators.
- Page 35 – under ‘HEALTH CLUB RULES’, item ‘2’, change the second sentence to “Personal trainers must purchase a membership in order to use the facilities other than to assist a member.”
- Page 36 – under ‘POOL RULES’, item number 7 is changed to, “Caregivers, guardians and/or babysitters are not required to have a membership or guest pass when supervising a current member, except when using the facility.”
- Page 37 from the top of the page, at the end of item ’18’, “or Management.” is added.
- Page 37 insert a separate sentence stating “No running in the pool area.”
- Page 37 under ‘RULES FOR WEIGHT AND CARDIOVASCULAR ROOMS’, a second sentence is added to item ‘2’: ” No tank tops or sleeveless shirts allowed.”
- Page 38 under ‘LOADING DOCK’, the last sentence of the second paragraph becomes the beginning of a third paragraph. The following is added, “This parking is only available business hours, Monday through Friday, for owners and/or workers performing construction, remodeling or other similar services to their units. Individuals must check in with Management to insure space is available for the day, and to record start times. Persons parking in excess of the eight hours or at any other time risk being towed and/or fined.”
- Page 41 from the top of the page, at the end of item ‘9’, “…except by mall merchants” is added.
- Page 42 under ‘ROOF GARDEN’, clarify the conditions under which it will be closed.
- Page 56 under ‘PET REGULATIONS’, change the first sentence of the first paragraph to: “Pets are regulated by Section 11(f) of our Declaration. No animals, except household pets other than dogs and cats, may be kept on the premises.”
- Page 55 under ‘OCCUPANCY AND USE’ item ‘2’, remove adult.
Upon due motion by George Pauley and seconded by Betty Terry-Lundy the meeting adjourned at 9:04 pm.
Signed (as seen on pdf, clickable at upper right corner of these minutes)
George Pauley, President
Betty Terry-Lundy, Secretary